Tuesday, April 14, 2009

all things easter


egg hunt #1 at church.

uncles. perhaps now would be a good time to mention that all five of my younger siblings are adopted. that's why we don't look alike. this has confused many people.

ava has been very excited for easter this year. i tell her the activities to expect and she squeals and then says, "excited!" i think it's cute. her grandparents probably do, too. that's why i'm adding it to the post.

looking in the baskets. the winning item? the chocolate bunny. ava spent a lot of time holding it and seth spent a lot of time trying to grab it. ava, of course, had a few things to say about that bunny:

"daddy? this is my chocolate easter bunny. i love him."

and, after taking off his bow, "he's naked."
and, of course, the hunt. it was cold and ryan and i were both barefoot. so we maybe hurried her along faster than she would have liked. but chances are she was cold, too. the point is this: she had fun and we caught it on video. we also caught on video her endless chatter about the easter bunny, "mom? i love the easter bunny. he brings me treats and snacks. he puts them in my basket. he brought me chocolate. i looked for eggs. he hid them. mom? i love the easter bunny. he brings me treats and snacks. . ."

i feel grateful that all the holiday stuff is over and i can finally stop having delicious holiday candy calling my name from across the grocery store. it's about time i stopped eating food i have to keep hidden like a junkie. also, with easter out of the way, summer can begin and i can start spending every day at the pool or at the beach. "excited!"

3 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

So cute to hear how "excited" Ava was for the big day. Kids certainly make a holiday fun. I also love that picture of Seth sitting all cute and round with his little toy truck. He is getting so old! Lastly, I just saw that you put a little link to my dahlhart lane etsy account! That warmed my little heart! Thank you, Miriam! Maybe I will make you a little treat to show you how special that made me feel. Have a great day-malinda
P.s-Yes, that was James commenting on his own comment. :)
P.p.s-I don't know how I became such a pet pushover, but it is like a downward spiral. Except, I do like my chicken.

Jennifer said...

That is so funny about her saying "excited!" I bet it just tickles you pink!

Morgan said...

Hey Miriam! I found your blog a long while ago. I really hope that you don't mind my reading. I don't believe that I've ever commented before and I really don't know why. I figured that it's about time that I tell you that I love your blog. I love your honesty. I really do admire you for that. I just thought you should know that you are an inspiration to me. That sounded lame, I know, but it's true. It really is :)

P.S. You're kids are so cute! I'm glad to see that you had such a nice Easter!