Tuesday, June 2, 2009

on marriage

"i married the first man i ever kissed. when i tell this to my children, they just about throw up."
-barbara bush
i have no idea why this thought is so funny to me, but it is. perhaps it's the thought of two well-known politicians gagging while their parents behave like a married couple. i mean, i do that too! my parents get all gushy and their six children are sitting RIGHT THERE and my dad thinks it's okay to squeeze my mom's bottom. george w. and i have so much in common. . .
(please don't send me hatemail because i said that, it was a joke)

5 comments:

cara lou said...

Ha! I love that quote!

Brittany said...

well I would be shocked to see the bottom squeezing, but at the very least I would not be so intimidated by you father!

Amber Marie said...

my parents are the same way. ryan's are the opposite.

i saw that you think that newlywed show is funny- i do too! i think i might follow it through to the end even though the utah couple makes me want to scream.

Aria said...

very funny...and yay for your parents that there's still bottom-squeezing goin' on. :)

Amber Marie said...

I KNOW! I always think- seriously people, why can't the cooler mormons make it on these shows!?! Remember the weirdo on Real World New Orleans? "I'm just so sheltered because I'm Mormon"....duh stupid you're sheltered because you're from a podunk town in the middle of nowhere!

sorry that is one thing that really boils my water!