Wednesday, July 22, 2009

to liz something

i have a friend named liz. liz is like the energizer bunny. she has fifty times the energy of a normal person and she channels all of it into different projects at one time. it's impressive. like when she decided that she felt strongly about homeschooling? wow. it was all homeschooling all the time. or how about the importance of family? well, i think you all read her comments whenever i tapped that subject. she is passionate. she is wordy. she is liz. i just get exhausted thinking about putting that amount of effort into anything.


well, i've almost (almost!) gone all liz over this photography thing. so ryan comes home and i just start yammering away.

"see this? it's called blah blah blah. it occurs when blah blah blah. i think i should blah blah blah so i can blah blah blah. . ."

poor ryan. but you know what? he's gone all liz on mountain biking. he got a mountain bike and he started mountain biking early in the mornings and on saurdays and all of the sudden he's like, "see this? it's called blah blah blah. it occurs when blah blah blah. i think i should blah blah blah so i can blah blah blah. . ."

and now we're getting ready to go to mammoth for a week with all of ryan's family (read: 20 people in a 12 people condo) and ryan's all over the idea of mountain biking. so he gets online and he downloads the map and it's got all of these trails all over it and so he spends all of his time staring at these maps and planing which ones to take and blah blah blah and then, guess what?

he mails it to his dad, who has also suddenly gone all liz on mountain biking and his dad's so EXCITED! that he and ryan get together and start talking like, did you see that trail it's got blah blah blah. . .

so now ryan and his dad want to print the map out and frame it.

to which i reply, "you win. you have out-lizzed me."

congratulations you two.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Ha hahaaaa! And here I am typing up a blog rant, going postal over this whole universal health care muckity muck. Don't I feel sheepish. ;0)

You know, while I am "going all Liz" all over the Internet, my house could use some of that energy directed at it. If you could only see my piles of laundry . . . . Scrap that. I don't even have piles, just trails.

I feel so special to have my own term! Wahoo. I e-mailed this to Dan, though, and he wrote back, "Who knew?" as if this energy was news to him. See, need to apply it more "at home." :P

And there I go living up to my wordiness . . . .

Papa Herm said...

I've GONE Liz and the map is framed in my office. It looks sweet.

Now what...

Lauren said...

I like Liz as a verb! This was a funny post because I just finished reading Liz's "universal health care muckity muck" right before I moseyed over. You're right, she has very admirable passion and a talent for saying things. Then again, so do you!

tara said...

What a compliment to liz that she is now a verb. It's actually something I aspire to.

emi. said...

i love this post! and i love liz!