Wednesday, May 28, 2008

opium kitty

my first mistake: giving ava the "chore" of feeding the cat. this means she fetches the food bowl, i fill it and she walks it back to the bathroom where she watches madeline inhale the top half. madeline inhales the first half because i always leave her bowl empty for a couple days. this way madeline has to beg me for food and i feel loved. i usually don't watch madeline inhale because i have to follow ava's inevitable path of spilled kitty food and clean it up. i think ava now feels a right to madeline's food bowl. as in, she can put whatever she wants in there.

my second mistake: ignoring her while she played with the spices that are on a shelf in the pantry that she can reach (in my defense, i was making dinner and ryan had a late meeting).

the result?

poppyseeds and kibble for madeline.

6 comments:

tara said...

That sort of looks like what I eat in the morning.

redstarmama said...

At least she'll be too high to realize you haven't fed her for a few days!

Liz said...

Yum, you should have left it! That would have been one happy kitty.

Ryan said...

I hope you kitty doesn't have any drug tests coming up. I don't think they will buy the old "the two year old dumped a jar of poppy seeds in my bowl" defense. Thats like a dog eating your homework.

Freckles said...

That is hilarious! Reminds me of Kai's interest in spices back in the day when I had to tie the chairs to the table to keep him out of the cupboards! Kids makes life interesting!

Leah said...

Ha Ha. Love it.